Friday, February 29, 2008

Off to Face the Knife

This morning I dropped off the HB at school and am now at a nearby internet cafe getting in touch with my urban redneck listening to Kid Rock. I'm glad I brought some headphones because I can't imagine any music being worse than the shit that's being piped in here (some Love Songs station that seemingly plays nothing but Michael Bolton and Celine Dion).

Hanging her allowed me to get caught up on e-mail, send out a project proposal and get some other work done. This is good as I have NO idea how long I'll be at the hospital. I'm scheduled for 11 am and after a little prep (e.g., needle into my face) they'll get going. My understanding is that they will take a small (1 to 5 micron) slice then analyze it (which takes 20-30 min). If it has cancer cells in it they'll go take another one. If not, they'll cauterize and I'll be on my way. The guy who did the biopsy didn't think I had much left, but he didn't think it was cancerous in the first place. The area where the biopsy was done is still a little raised, so I'm hoping that's the extent of it.

I'm not looking forward to having a bandage next to my nose tonight since I'll have to get on stage and say a few words in front of 200 people, but that's how it is likely gonna be. Right now I'm not having a lot of anxiety, but am looking forward to getting this over and done with. My only fear is that I'll end up with a big dent in my face and have to go through a round of plastic surgery...ugh.

Fortunately, since my wife will be on a plane while all of this is going on, my parents will pick up the HB from school. They would have wanted to see me right afterwards anyway, so this will take care of two birds with one stone.

OK, off to the hospital (with a stop at my fave chili burger place first). Wish my surgeon skill. I'll keep ya posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap. Why am I so nervous?