Tuesday, February 26, 2008

It's Bachelor Week!

My wife's off to DC until Friday night (yes, she'll miss the surgery), so that means a guys' week for me and the HB. Woot!

So, we start by hitting the seafood counter at the market (for those just joining us, my wife next to never eats things that used to live in the ocean, so the HB and I get our fix when she's gone). I intentionally went to the market that has a good soul food selection because I wanted to get some crawfish while they were in season. We get to display and didn't see any, so I ordered up some shrimp while looking in the other cases to see if maybe they had some pre-packaged ones, which they didn't. So, when the guy asks me if I want anything else I said, "I'm surprised you don't have any crawfish." Why I'm so passive and can't ask if he has any is beyond me. But that's for a different discussion. So, he looks around, doesn't see any and says, "Yeah, we have some...strange that we don't have any out." So, he brings out a bag of pre-boiled ones which at first was disappointing, until I realized that I didn't really have the time or inclination to whip up a crawfish boil. Happy as, ahem, clams, the HB and I head home.

In the car we discuss how we are going to enjoy our crustaceans. Then we arrive at a decision only two boys can make--crawfish and shrimp pizza. We ate dinner (with steamed green beans, so you don't think I completely abandoned all semblance of parenting) while watching the first half of the Tennessee vs. Vanderbilt basketball game (ilu, HD-DVR). Then we decided a jump in the jacuzzi was in order. After showering, we watched the end of the game (the Vols lost...but those 72 hours as #1 sure felt good).

After some playing with the dog and reading Harry Potter, it was time for lights out. I can't wait for tomorrow.