Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Some Things Really Piss Me Off

I'm not against organized religion. It's not my bag, but, to paraphrase Marx, everyone needs their opiate. When religious folks start telling me how the laws of the land should reflect their beliefs, I start getting testy. I think my wife and I are fully capable of deciding on reproductive issues and what kind of sex ed the HB gets. But what REALLY burns my ass is this kind of shit. WHAT THE FUCK!!??

These cretins used to only do this shit at military funerals. Then congress passed a law telling essentially telling them to back off. This law is really a test for my libertarian beliefs. On one hand I believe that citizens should be able to speak about the government anywhere they damn well please. But I also believe that people should expect a certain level of privacy at a funeral, even if it occurs on government property. So, I wasn't too bent out of shape when the law passed.

Are these asshats so morally bankrupt that we need to pass a law that says that mourners shouldn't have to listen to protesters during their loved one's funeral? I can't believe they don't get the shit beat out of them.

No comments: