Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Fucking Bugs

So, after we got here, my nephew was showing a rash--nothing too serious, but a little bothersome. Well, by last night it was REALLY bothersome and the HB was starting to show it too. I'm thinking either they are allergic to the towels/sheets here or the chemical levels were off in the hob tub (we took a dunk at home the night before we left). Either way, my wife asks me what we should do. I suggest just getting some more anti-itch or anti-fungal cream and some antihistamines. It's not like a doc can do anything about a rash. She INSISTS that we take them to urgent care. So, after seeing Blue Man Group (which was very cool) we head to a hospital. There were 5 families in front of us. I don't think ANYONE was called in two hours. Turns out that there was 1 doctor on duty and they got "busy". How shocking in Manhattan that kids might need to use the emergency room. So, after about 2 1/2 hours we bolt (hm...wonder how much we'll be charged for NOT seeing a doctor), get some cream and get the boys to bed.

Oh, and I don't think the HB's pooped since we got here.

Of course, due to all of this I missed the Ohio St-Florida NCAA championship game (I picked Florida). The OSU fans must be PISSED about losing to UF again in a championship game. It's going to be a rough winter for the Columbus snow-birds next year.

Tennessee's women's team plays Rutgers tonite for the championship. I think the Lady Vols will win, but it's going to be ugly game.

The HB just popped up a few minutes ago (I'm glad he got some serious sleep) and the nephew is still crashed. The HB said he was feeling fine. I'm hoping the nephew is as well. My wife was talking about trying to head home today if the boys weren't feeling better. I'm not sure that would even be possible. I think the boys will shake themselves and we'll make it to the Natural History museum, but we'll see.

While everyone was crashed, I had breakfast with a sales rep of a company whose product I support. It's always nice to put a face with a voice. While we were eating it reminded me of another woman who used to work for me who commutes into NYC now from the Allentown, PA area. She invited my family to her wedding a couple of years back and the HB and I met up with her and her family last year when we were in Philly. I'll have to give her a shout later today.

No comments: