Wednesday, April 25, 2007

My Wife's Birthday

Yesterday was my wonderful wife's birthday. We had a family party over the weekend at my m-i-l's so she could show off the furniture my wife and her sisters got her, but yesterday was the day (and, no, I'm not telling how many candles were on the cake, so to speak). I got the HB from school so we could pick up some dessert (chocolate éclairs, yum). I made one of my wife's favorite recipes (ravioli in marsala sauce) and we all had an enjoyable dinner. After blowing out the candles, the HB and I gave her some jewelery we had bought at a cool local place (I'd link to it, but they don't have a website...weird). When the HB made it to dreamland, we went upstairs and knocked it out for the rest of the evening while listening to some Dr. John. Seemed like a good birthday.

On other fronts, my parents went to Philly so my mom could could visit her two very ill sisters. I think they'll be making that trip once a month for a while.

Work is OK. A pilot project that I thought would get rolled out won't, which sucks for me. But, a long time client came through with a small project (but one that has good a profit margin) today. I need to get some of my prospective projects through the pipeline.

No comments: