Thursday, April 5, 2007

Back at Home

The weather man was right and the last day in NYC was cold and rainy, so we hung out, packed, grabbed lunch then cabbed to the airport.

We got back last night (and Continental was quite jiffy with the bags). Unfortunately, my cold is worse (ugh) so I crashed after my meeting today. Fortunately I have a clean slate tomorrow so I can rest up.

Overall the trip was a success. I spoke with my s-i-l and she said that our nephew just couldn't stop talking about what a great time he had in NYC. It was truly our pleasure to take him (as it has been for other trips when he's joined up) and won't hesitate to so again. I just wish that his summer vacation scheduled coincided better with the HB's so we could take him to Yosemite this June. I'll put up some pics in the next post.

Speaking of the HB, he was psyched when we went to pick up Nugget today. They were both very happy to see each other. He also got a (belated) birthday card from Lynn. I spoke to her for a few minutes today. As usual, her life lurches from one disaster to another. She said she had sent me the invoice for the web work, which I haven't received (I don't think she has my e-mail right in her address book), but said nothing of me taking away the work. Given her situation, I'm thinking that she was just as glad to get it off of her mind.

Off to make some dinner (unless my wife calls saying she's bringing something home).

No comments: