Saturday, April 21, 2007

I'm Not Dead, Yet

OK, I haven't posted in several days, but only because work and life have been taking up and inordinate amount of my time and today is no exception. As such, this won't be a long post as well.

Since I've been driving quite a bit on a particular client project, I had a chance to listen to Alberto Gonzalez's testimony at the Senate. After they got done listening to their favorite thing (their own voices), several Senators (especially Feinstein) asked some good questions. What it came down to was this: Gonzalez didn't want to give up whose idea it was to fire any of the individual prosecutors. Doesn't that sound suspicious?

The HB discovered American Idol, so we started recording it for him. While I'm aware of the show and its cast of characters, I had never watched since I despise reality TV and I'm not a fan of pop singing. Last night, the wife whipped up some great pastrami sandwiches on bagels and we watched a couple of episodes. I'll say this: the producers are marketing geniuses (obviously, given how long the show's been on and its ratings) and it's crap. They were singing country songs (again, not one of my faves) and only one of the contestants really had a good voice (I forgot her name).

The HB has a sleep over tonite after his piano recital (I'm sure I'll have LOTS to say about that), so I promise more tomorrow.

2 comments:

lola h. said...

well, at least he decided to start watching after sangina had been given the boot.

Chat Wrecker said...

No, we watched during his miserable rendition of Something to Talk About. And I think he and my wife watched the previous week's as well.