Sunday, April 29, 2007

SD Weekend

Just got back from a weekend in San Diego for a Rotary conference. I went down on Thursday night and my wife, the HB and our nephew came on Friday evening. My club rocks, so we got tons of awards. I also had a chance to schmooze with some folks.

Even though we stayed at a resort hotel, I found out after getting back from some Saturday morning sessions that everyone else wanted to go to Sea World. And, my wife had lost the coupons we had and the best deal she could wrangle were full price tickets from the hotel that would get us free admission for the rest of the year. Whoop-dee-fucking-do. I was hoping for, oh, I don't know, some actual fun, like kayaking, wave running and jetskiing instead of watching well trained pets with a thousand screaming kids. Fuck.

So, we head to Sea World and the HB is bored out of his mind ('cuz there really isn't shit to do there that's interesting for an 8 year old who's been there already) so he's being a pain for two hours until he magically shook himself. The Shamu show was completely nauseating and I was so happy once we got the fuck out of there. The beer and wine tasted pretty good back at the room.

This morning we went to Belmont Park. I love old roller coasters. I commented to the wife that the hour we spent there was far better than the trip to Sea World. She agreed.

Got some good business news and am at a bit of a crossroads with Lynn. But, I'll have to write about those things later as it's time to make dinner now.

No comments: