Friday, April 18, 2008

Radio, Radio

Well, that was about as much fun as I can have with my pants on. I won't wallow in the equipment the station had when I was a DJ. But, let's just say it's way nicer and easier to make it happen. We did have a small glitch at the beginning, but it went pretty smoothly after that. If you want to download the show, let me know and I'll send you a URL for it.

In other news, I saw how the Midwest had an earthquake. Every five years or so is snows somewhere in LA, which leads to a rash of "The Sky Is Falling" news stories. And, of course, whenever there's a big earthquake here the tsk, tsking in the national media is just ridiculous. Forget about the fact that more people die shoveling and driving in snow every year than in earthquakes in a decade in CA, but who ever said that people do a good job of evaluating risk?

Maybe the earthquake in the heartland will get people to realize that they are not this horrific event that sends every building in site crashing to the ground. In fact, the damage there was probably worse than in CA due to our building standards.

So, as a public service announcement, here are some earthquake tips (besides kiss your ass goodbye) for the flat landers. Now, I need to get back to preparing for fires and mudslides.

No comments: