Sunday, January 27, 2008

Slice of Life

I had this bump right next to my right nostril. It wasn't a big deal to me, but my wife said it was getting bigger (I hadn't noticed), so when I went to the doc a couple of weeks ago I got a referral to a dermatologist. I go the appointment and the guy takes a look. He doesn't know what it is, but he's not worried either. So, he decides to do a biopsy, which is fine because I just wanted it gone.

One of the great thing about HMOs is that the doctors who do this kind of stuff, like the HB's ear tubes and my vasectomy, do hundreds of them a year. We spent more time talking about whether the FF browser works on the HMO's updated website than it took him to do the procedure. And, except for that first needle of whatever-caine, it was (and still is) pretty painless. The wife's happy, so that must be worth something.

No comments: