Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Guys Hangin' Out

My wife's out of town this week in St. Petersburg (FL, that is). Yes, someone asked me today if she really went to western Russia in the middle of the winter. Funny that the St. Pete (FL) weather report on their website is down when the weather's not so great. Coincidence? I think not.

Speaking of such things, we're having a week of rain in LA, which is a good thing since we're in the middle of a serious drought. It's also good news in that the HB and I can go sledding this weekend (yes, we're only 90 min away from snow). The bad news is that our pug would prefer NOT to shit outside when it's too wet or raining. We are being VERY vigilant.

(Semi) regular readers will know that the HB and I have a good routine when my wife's out of town that generally includes LOTS of seafood and the jacuzzi (the latter not being a good option when it's pouring out). So, tonight the Lakers-San Antonio game is filling in just fine (the Lakers coughed up their 9 point halftime lead and then some as of this writing).

Tomorrow's a big day as my Rotary Club begins a very cool Home Makeover project (we're re doing the house of a woman who is in a wheelchair and is going blind). OK, the construction guys are gonna start the heavy lifting by busting up a room to two to build her a handicap accessible bathroom. We'll do our stuff in a month or so. Believe me, you'll hear a lot about this in the future.

No comments: