Sunday, July 1, 2007

Let's Go Surfing Now

My apologies for times between postings. My main travels are now done. This weekend I took the HB and my nephew to surf camp with Indian Guides. It's located south of San Diego (yes, there is some of CA south of San Diego that is not Mexico.

I hadn't camped on the beach before and it was pretty cool. If nothing else, the waves drowned out any snoring from neighboring campers. We drove down Friday afternoon, which in one way sucked because of the traffic, but was OK because I got to listen to the Angels win a wild game against Baltimore. My goal was to get the tent pitched before dark, which we did, though given the full moon it wouldn't have been a problem had we gotten there after the sun went down. We played in the water a bit an then grabbed some dinner at fried fish place at the end of the Imperial Beach pier.

Saturday we boogie boarded, played some beach football, etc. The boys also got in some tent Pokemon time. I could have used some of that as it would have cut down on my sunburn a bit. That night we started a big fire, had 'smores and the adults threw back a few beers (including some of my homebrewed stout). Today we packed up after breakfast (the food was awful, but there was a lot of it) and made it back north. Both me and the HB were beat and we got in some good naps after we unloaded the car and tried to get as much of the sand as possible out of our shit.

This is going to be a funky week at work. I got a bunch to do, but a lot of folks are going to be on vacation. That will allow me to get some office work (invoicing!) and other research done, especially on a new project (more about that in a later post). And, as of midnight tonite I became president of my Rotary club and tomorrow's our first official board meeting. I'm working with a great bunch of people, so that shouldn't be a problem.

No comments: