Monday, July 23, 2007

The Fair!

The wife and I took our nephew and the HB to the fair this weekend. I LOVE the fair. I may especially love it because it is the anti-Disney experience. At the rat shack:
  • I pay through my ASS to get in
  • Wait in huge fucking lines to get food or on a ride
  • Get marketed to on a constant basis
  • Have to listen to shitty music from Disney's record labels.
At the fair:
  • I pay 1/2 as much to park
  • A minuscule amount to get in (and the ride tickets don't add up to nearly as much as Disney admission)
  • Hear up-to-date music
  • Eat food on a stick
  • Walk around with a beer
  • Find out the latest prison tattoo styles are
  • Know what future unwed mothers are wearing
  • Still go on cool rides.
It's a no-brainer. The HB won some sort of monkey throwing darts at a balloon (oh, and ate cheesecake on a stick) and my nephew won a gigantic frog (after putting down $30 on one game). Best of all, while we were stuck in traffic on the way in a van came by with those stick figures of a family. What made it interesting was that one of the family members looked like a Buddha baby rather than the stick figure. So, we noted that. Above the figures it said, "God Bless My Family," which I quickly translated into "God Bless My Fat Baby." That put the car in stitches (we were already pretty giddy from doing mad-libs) and was our joke for the rest of the evening.

I'll post more later...lots to say.

1 comment:

lola h. said...

omg - did you eat a funnel cake? did you!? SO JELLIS!!!

damn, i love fair food. there is literally nothing like it anyway. sigh.