Thursday, June 28, 2007

Going Home

One good thing about the KC airport...it has free WiFi. However, it's kinda funky in that there is a small security checkpoint every 5 gates or so, which is probably good. However, this means that there are limited food options once you get into the gate area. My gate had a Wolfgang Puck. Hey Wolfie, thanks for the delish $12 sandwich, chips and coke.

I had the change to drive around a bit when it wasn't either dark or raining. KC lives up to its name as the city of fountains. They are everywhere. And, given how much it rained the last three days, they are going dry any time soon. Oh, another observation: folks here aren't as into the dental work thing as in LA. Very British of them, I suppose.

So, my meetings went fine and the client was great about setting everything up. She's a late 20's, one kid, marathon/tri-athlete over achieving type. She's a totally can-do person, which makes my job a lot easier.

Fortunately, the worst of the thunderstorms have left the area. My flight (coming in from Tampa) is on time and it looks like we'll have clear sailing....or at least we'll leave on time, which is what counts. I'm looking forward to getting home and seeing the HB and sleeping in my own bed with my wife. Since we've been on a week drought I'm hoping that she's in the mood since I'll be gone beach camping in San Diego this weekend with the HB and my nephew.

No comments: