Sunday, July 29, 2007

Post Birthday

The birthday weekend finished well. The Angels rallied and beat the Tigers 10-3. And I found out at the game that my buddy Roy is going to pop the question sometime soon to his gf (they are SO meant for each other, in a good way). After the game, some of us went to a great pizza joint near where the wife and I used to live right after we moved in together. Don't be fooled by the website. The regular food is really good, but the pizza is THE SHIT.

It was warm at the game, so we came home and chilled after dinner. And, then the wife made Lola's birthday wishes for me come true. OK, not totally in that fellatio was only part of the menu, but enough. Wish that anytime, my friend.

I slept in a bit this morning and went jogging with the HB (his choice, strangely enough). We then headed over to my m-i-l's for lunch, presents etc. My mom made a chocolate-banana tart which was amazing, and I'm not much of a sweets eater. After more than enough family time, my wife and I took the HB and our nephew to see The Simpsons. I won't blow an of the jokes. However, if you like the show, you'll like the movie. They definitely do some things in the wide screen (and PG-13) format that they can't do on TV. Even if you've seen all of the previews, there still is plenty of very funny stuff to be enjoyed in the movie.

After we dropped our nephew off, we polished off the leftovers from lunch (though, are the really leftovers after only a few hours?) and hung for a bit. Now, it's just nice to have a drink and watch the Angels batter the Tigers (again) on my DVR. Tomorrow I have the HB all day and he has a friend coming over. Should be fun.

No comments: