Friday, June 15, 2007

Fix It Day

I can tell it's summer because my Friday's are getting slow and/or I have a day at the office. This was OK today since the HB had an off (no camp) day and my wife still isn't feeling well. I was bailed out a bit when we lined up for the HB to go to a friend's house (they usually have marathon play sessions). Then it was time to knock stuff off of my list.

First, like a dumbshit, I lost the e-mail with my hotel confirmation for my trip to the Rotary International Convention next week. I tried to call the Salt Lake convention bureau (who said they could get me the reservation info since I made it through them). But, their call center closes at 5pm PDT (well, based on m phone all 4:45) and they have a sllllooooowwww e-mail response system. So, I put the phone on speaker and sat on hold for a while. But, I did finally get a person and she sent me the info (right before the 12-hour auto-response from their system from my request last night).

Next, off to solve some office problems. First, my phone crapped the bed while we were in Yosemite. Radio Shack diagnosed the phone problem not as the battery, but in the handset. So, I went to Fry's, where I got it to see if they had replacements. I also needed to go there to get a gender changer (9 pin F/25 pin F) so that my monitor would plug into my port replicator. I wanted to get a credit/refund for a part I had bought a couple of months ago, but a long line and down systems discouraged me from that. So, I find out that they don't have the connector I'm looking for AND my phone's been discontinued. So that was a waste. I went back to Radio Shack to try a new battery just in case, and, well, the first person was right. So, I checked on Consumer Reports, found a good phone on the Fry's website. I called my local store and they didn't have it in stock (of course). But, the website also had the connector I need. So, I said, "Fuck it, I can wait a few days to get the phone since I'll be out of town most of next week" and ordered the shit online.

Next up was draining, then refilling, the jacuzzi. It's actually a pretty easy process that doesn't take all that long. In fact, I'll probably jump in after making this post.

Then I had to take my car in. I had my windshield replaced after getting tired of hearing my wife bitch about the crack. So, I got it changed, but they left a rattle. I took it in once and they didn't fix it, so I took it again and gave the mechanic a test drive so he could hear it. After listening to the usual mechanic crap (I don't see how changing the windshield would cause that...) he said if I left it for a day he would check it out. So, I'll drop it off there before heading to the airport on Monday.

Last trip was to the bike shop. I got mine tuned up and needed to get the HB a new helmet. The wife bought him one with a Schwinn label, but it's a piece of shit in terms of fitting. It has the weirdest straps. I tried to find a site on how to properly adjust it, but found nothing and the guys at the bike shop were at a loss as well. The HB and I stopped off at the park for some Frisbee.

I started whipping up an early dinner as the HB and the wife were off to a Mother-Son dance (awwwww) that's put on by a friend of mine from another Rotary club. The wife really sucked it up to go because she's not feeling well.

I'm off to watch the Angels-Dodgers game.

1 comment:

lola h. said...

happy daddy's day!