Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Kansas City, Kansas City Here I Am

Greetings from Kansas City. It's my first time here. I always like to go someplace new and, as a jazz fan, I'm glad that I'm here. Unfortch, not much jazz is happening on a Tuesday night. But, I did find some cool places to hang her in the Westport section of town.

Getting here kind of sucked. My flight landed at about midnight and I had to wait about 45 fucking minutes for the shuttle to where all of the rental cars are. So, it was about 2am before my head hit he pillow. Good thing that my first meeting wasn't until 10:30am.

After the morning meetings, my clients took me to a local place for bbq. Now, I'm not a huge red meat eater, but this place was amazing. I had a sausage and brisket sandwich. Shit, I'm drooling again just thinking about it. One of my clients isn't much of a meat eater either, so I don't know if I'll get a second batch for lunch tomorrow. But, there's always dinner.

We've got typical Midwest summer weather--hot, humid and thunderstorms. About as unlike LA as one can get.

Back tomorrow and hopefully after hearing some music.

1 comment:

lola h. said...

calibos was born in KC, KS. he lived there for one year.

glad you got there safe!