Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day

Happy Father's Day, y'all. Had quite the family 24 hrs here. First, my my b-i-l was in town. He's always on the death watch for my m-i-l. She's in bad shape, but not going any time soon, but he made the visit anyway. So we kicked around with him yesterday. That evening my nephew asked if the HB could sleep over at his house, so that meant that the wife and I had an impromptu date night. So, we.....ripped out the dilapidated remains of the HB's closet organizer. Ok, then we knocked it out.

The next day we got together with my wife's family and went to the Getty Museum. I was OK with this as long as I had time to watch the last round of the US Open, which I was recording (man, Tiger just could not make a good shot when he needed one). There were two great things at the Getty. First, was this Manet.



Also, there was an excellent photographic exhibit on the LA river. So, that was time well spent.

We got home, I watched the Open the we went to my parents for dinner (spag and sausages). It was a good Dad's day.

I'm off to Salt Lake City tomorrow. With good internet access I'll post while I'm there. Otherwise, it won't be until Thursday.
It's a very modern painting with the two perspectives.

No comments: