Saturday, June 2, 2007

Crazy Week

Things just got nuts towards the end of this week. The HB was off of school both Th and Fri for parent teacher conferences and I had a lot going on with my Rotary Club and business.

The HB's conference went well. Yes, they'll continue to cash our checks. Also, he showed improvement where he needed to in school. The HB definitely has only child syndrome. If things don't go his way he'll tend to get more upset than a kid with siblings. He also longs for a 1 best friend. He's got plenty of buddies and fortunately he's getting less and less attached to the budding sociopath who lives a couple of doors down. He was pretty upset about this last night. The wife and I explained that we just can't drop a best friend out of the sky and reminded him on how he can be a better friend to others. Unfortch, this is something he's going to have to work through, though we did talk about finding him more activities in the afternoon.

The wife and I finally caught up on some sleep last night. Tonight she promised me a good anti-pasto, meaningful conversation and meaningless sex (her words), so we'll see where that takes us.

I'm waiting for one more person to sign off on a big new project. Hopefully that'll happen early next week. Even better is that one of my clients invited me to hang with a group of folks in their sky box at the Angels' game this Wednesday afternoon. I know, usually the consultant invites the client, but I've gotten him his company's tickets on several occasions (I do some projects for the folks who control such things) so he wanted to repay the favor, which I appreciate.

No comments: