Saturday, June 23, 2007

Back in the Swing of Things

I made it back from Salt Lake without any serious problems, besides this guy talking incessantly in line while we were waiting to board. At least that was off-set by the smokin' hot woman who was behind me.

Speaking of smokin' hot, my Angels are on fire. Even when they were down 4-0 to the Pirates last night I had the feeling they would come back and win, as they did. Tonight the wife and I are going to the game. I have a buddy, we'll call him TL, who has season tickets. I've known TL since junior high school. He was a guy who didn't have much direction, so he joined the service. He ended up going into special ops and apparently was involved in some fucked up shit in the late 80s. After he was discharged it really ate him up for a while and he started drinking a lot. Eventually, he got popped with a few months in jail for a DUI. He was able to keep his job (which is a pretty good one) and figured out that he didn't really have to try and be a bad-ass anymore. He still drinks (ironically, his favorite bar is right across the street from where he was in jail), has a steady girl (who likes to party) and seems to have a better perspective on things.

When we were younger he wasn't into baseball. Both he and I are HUGE Raider fans and I converted him into a University of Tennessee fan as well. But, his company has had tickets for a while and when his boss started giving him some and he went to more games he developed more of an appreciation. Now, his boss essentially buys the season tickets for LT to use (a nice off the books bonus). He invites me a few times a year and I'll put down the tip at his fave bar (he essentially drinks there for free) and buy the first round at the games. Tonight's the first time the wife and I will double-date with him and it should be fun. The stadium's on the way to my parents' house (woot! Free baby-sitting) so we'll meet up and have a couple of pops and got to game. Afterwards, the wife and I will probably hit our fave bar for a night cap (it's near my parents). Should be a fun night.

I'll write some more in a bit.

No comments: