Wednesday, June 27, 2007

More KC

Things are going well with my client here, which is nice. If things go well on this project I'm sure that there will be some follow-up work. Everyone's been midwest friendly, etc.

There are some things I have noticed in my short time here. Certain areas of KC are gentrifying, which is probably good as it enabled me to find a good new restaurant. Second, and there's just not a nice way to put it, but there are a lot of seriously fat people in this town. Don't get me wrong. Me and the wife are pretty averaged sized (I'm 5' 10 and btw 160-170 and she's 5'4 and in the one 135ish neighborhood), so I'm not comparing the locals to Nicole Richie. But gheeze, I must of had at least one 3oolber in all of my meetings the last two days. They're nice people and all, but I'm used to being around healthier people in LA and other places I go. Made me skip the brisket and go for chicken for dinner tonight.

The KC Royals beat the LA Angeles AGAIN today (3 in a row), so one one guy here has been giving me some good natured ribbing. I'm looking foward to heading home tomorrow and sleeping in my own bed for a night. Then it's off to beach camp on Friday and Saturday nights with the HB and my nephew.

Speaking of the nephew, my uncle REALLY wants to go back to Yosemite in the fall for some hiking and I was going to invite the nephew to come along. No, I doubt the HB would join us since he's just not into hiking and I don't want him making all of us miserable. But, the nephew's a bit hesitant about going without the HB. A nice sentiment on his part. I'll chat with him about it this weekend. Of course, I just found out this morning that I need to be in Chicago the Sunday of the weekend we were planning on, so back to the drawing board for that plan. Sigh....I'll make it work.

No comments: