Saturday, March 1, 2008

Morning Report

I got some reasonable sleep last night (thank you Tylenol PM) and feel OK this morning. Though I normally sleep on my right side (same side as the surgery), I did pretty well on an elevated pillow on my back, left side. The swelling seems to have gone down a bit, or at least not gotten any worse.

The Rotary fund raising event went well last night. By the time it was all said and done, I think we cleared about $20k.

Yes, lots of people asked me what happened to my face ("I got in a fight with a guy who had a scalpel"). A few ribbed me in that a few (4?) years ago a had a bike wreck where I fractured my nose and lacerated my lip the same week we hosted the NZ students (Man, why are you always doing stuff to your face?"). But, it was all in good fun and I did get up on stage to make some announcements ("So, a Rotarian, a Lion and Kiwanian walk into a bar...") and thank the people who made the evening so successful.

I pretty much stuck with doctor's orders and only had a few sips of wine at the club and a couple of sips of homebrew when we got home. Our babysitter is my neighbor's daughter. He's also in the Rotary club so we hung for a little bit while the kids finished up their movie.

The comedians were very good, as they usually are there. The only small negative from the night was while one guy was doing a hilarious bit on cat's in heat, I was laughing so hard I could feel a little bit of blood dripping under my bandage. I put some pressure on it and it stopped pretty quickly.

I am looking forward to taking the big bandage off today and getting it cleaned up. It will make things much more comfortable for the bachelor party tonight. I'm thinking I'll take it pretty easy on the beer and drive home tonight instead of staying at the hotel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry...guys with scars are sexy.

I'm glad you're healing.

Be sure to milk it and maybe the wife will give extra TLC. Nothing with feathers, though...wouldn't want you to sneeze.

Chat Wrecker said...

Eh, after going out drinking all day yesterday I'm thinking that milking it for some extra TLC is out the window.