Wednesday, March 19, 2008

March Madness

OK, I've been a bad blogger this week. I've been a bit swamped at work and have had to drive to a bunch of meetings, hence taking away my 'puter time. But, enough with the excuses. I'll blog a bunch today.

Thursday and Friday are happy days as they are the first two rounds of the NCAA men's basketball tournament. As the owner of my own company, they are officially company holidays. So, I'll set my HD-DVR on CBS for the day and start watching the games around 11. Two clients have INSISTED on meetings, so I scheduled them during the breaks in the game (between 2 and 4) on both days. I guess this is a good thing as it will prevent a 2-day drunk.

Tonight I need to get my picks into the various pools, so here we go:

SOUTH

Round 1:
Memphis
Miss St.
Michigan State. Funny story. A woman I slept with in grad school went to Michigan St. She insisted that the Spartans were THE MSU. So, me and a buddy came up with about 15 more MSU schools (Mississippi State, etc.). This week, I was looking at a bracket online and they has Mississippi State more or less spelled out, but Michigan State as MSU. Of course, I sent her the link.
Pitt
Marquette. Damn...I drew Kentucky against them in my Rotary pool, hm...maybe I should revisit this as an upset.
Stanford
St. Mary's
Texas

Round 2:
Memphis
Pitt
Stanford
Texas

Round 3:
Memphis
Texas

Final 4
Texas

WEST

Round 1:
UCLA
Texas A&M
W. Kentucky
UConn
Purdue
Xavier
WVU
Duke

Round 2:
UCLA
UConn
Xavier
Duke

Round 3
UCLA
Xavier

Final 4
UCLA

EAST

Round 1:
UNC
Indiana
Notre Dame (I can't believe I just typed that)
Washington St.
St. Joe's
Louisville
South Alabama (Butler's just too over hyped)
Tennessee

Round 2:
UNC
Wash St.
Louisville
Tennessee

Round 3
UNC
Tennessee

Final 4
UNC {sniff}


MIDWEST

Round 1:
Kansas
Kent St.
Clemson
Vanderbilt
USC
Wisconsin
Davidson (they're at home and Gonzaga has a loooooong way to fly)
Georgetown

Round 2:
Kansas
Clemson
USC
Georgetown

Round 3:
Kansas
Georgetown

Final 4:
Georgetown

FINALS
UCLA
UNC

CHAMP--UCLA

No comments: