Sunday, March 2, 2008

Bachelor Party Review

Before getting to last night's festivities, a quick health update. The wound is doing much better. I changed the dressing yesterday afternoon and nothing looked hideous. It felt really good to get that big thing off and replace it with something lighter. I didn't feel the need to take any Tylenol until around 2pm. I slept well last night and the swelling has gone down considerably.

Last night was a blast. I picked up my buddy Joe and we met up with a few other guys at what would be the last stop (we essentially made a cricle) at 2 pm. The best man's wife drove us to the official first stop and we were drinking beers by 3. As one dude said, you can't drink all day unless you start early. I had decided before leaving my house that I would NOT be staying at the hotel, so I made sure that I ate something at each stop and had a least one diet coke to go with my beers. That plan worked well as I didn't get drunk (though kept a good steady buzz) and was more than sober enough to drive Joe and myself home.

It was a good group of guys, many of whom I hadn't met before. We had a bus take us from place to place (we went to 5 different micoro-breweries) and had some growlers of good beer while traveling from bar to bar. Joe, being Mr. Life of the Party, gave us all 'frat' names which he wrote on our cups. Due to circumstances, I was Fuck Face. One guy, who initially gave some bad directions to the driver (but was pretty good after that) was Shit For Brains, which we chanted each time he talked to her after that. It was that kind of night.

A few people bought shots for the guest of honor, which turned out to be a bad thing as he ended up puking by around 8 when we got to the fourth place. By that time we were close enough to the hotel for the bus to drop him and the best man off there. The rest of us hung there and then the last stop until about 10. This worked out well in that we had an 8 hour party and I was still in good shape to make it home by a little after 11.

I hear the HB and my nephew stirring, so I'm gonna head downstairs now. Have a good Sunday.

2 comments:

lola h. said...

wow.

quite tame there, fuck face. ;)

Chat Wrecker said...

HAHAHAHAHA. Actually, after a few of us rehashed the many bachelor parties we have attended together (the one with the Michael Jackson bong stands out), this one ranks up there. The quantity and quality of the beer was awesome. And I'm thinking the best man wasn't the only one to hurl by sunrise.