Thursday, March 6, 2008

Back to the Doc

Not sure which time zone Mr. Blogger operates under, but it's Thursday night here in LA and tomorrow I'm back to see the doctor. Things seem to be healing OK, though I've had a small bit of bleeding the last couple of days. Don't know if that's from the stitches dissolving, the tape coming off, or what. If I can quit doing the bandage thing, that would be fine. I'm generally the good patient, so whatever he says is OK with me. I figure I'm getting a chili burger out of it no matter what.

I'm watching SportsCenter and they are totally parsing Favre's words about his retirement. Dudes, get over it. He is DONE. Yeah, Jordan came out of retirement, but he was much younger. And comparing football players to boxers and their faux retirements is a joke. It's not like he needs the money. The most telling thing that Favre said was that he still wanted to do the three hours on Sunday, but not the other stuff. Nothing is going to change that and he has way too much pride to embarrass himself. There is no realistic better situation for him. He's just man enough to admit that retiring is a hard thing for a pro athlete to do.

The HB wanted to watch some American Idol tonight on the DVR. I don't know the original broadcast date, but the "men" were all singing songs from the 80s. Either they know that women who like sappy songs do most of the voting, or they're a big bunch of pussies. Regardless, they all sucked. Best I can tell, all those guys are going to be singing on commercials this time next year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we are the only two humans who do not like American Idol.

I hope your face is okay.

lola h. said...

uh, that would be three.

Chat Wrecker said...

Alas, I'm probably stuck with it as the HB enjoys watching it when he gets TV time.

However, I will not blog about it because the LAST thing I want is for the page to show up on searches for the show. Who knows what kinds of comments would follow after that.