Saturday, March 8, 2008

Doc Report

I did see my surgeon yesterday he said:

1) Things were healing nicely.
2) I could start exercising again (YES!)
3) I could lose the bandage.
4) Keep doing the water/vinegar soak for another week.
5) One week after that, start massaging the area with moisturizer to prevent scarring (he said that the Vitamin E creams don't work for shit).
6) It would take one year (!) for it to fully heal. My sense is that he and I have different definitions of heal. Mine is, "Doesn't hurt and no visible sign of injury." I think his is, "Underlying tissue is as strong as it was before surgery."

Yesterday, the HB had a bad stomach ache (actually, he had had it for a few days). We kept him home from school since there has been a bug going around school. My wife took him to the doc and he couldn't find anything visibly wrong. So, after getting a couple of shots (flu and chicken pox), the HB got a q-tip up the ass for a sample. I believe he's gonna think twice before wanting to stay home from school again. He was feeling much better today.

Today I went furniture shopping with my wife and sil (the HB hung at the nephew's working on their Wii technique). We actually found something to buy with reasonable fabric. I couldn't be happier as I had no intention to going to any more furniture stores. I do really like the style of the couch and love seat. The fabric's not my fave (though, at least it's red), but with a child and dog, the perfect fabric is not in the offing.

My wife, the clean nut, found a rug that she liked THAT ALREADY HAD A STAIN IN IT. The place gave us a good deal and said it would be 'professionally' cleaned. I insisted on the money back guarantee. This just doesn't sound like a good idea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Red furniture.

You complete me.