Friday, August 8, 2008

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

My friend who's a new daddy is going to let me use his Angel tickets (against the Yankees tonight). I called my brother and told him that I was "able to get" the tickets. For someone who went to Angel games when they couldn't even draw 10,000 people, that's an amazing clause to use. So, me, my bro, the wife and the HB are going to go. I hope that there aren't too many Yankee fans being assholes out there. When I went a few weeks ago, the Red Sox fans were pretty well behaved.

On a domestic note, I got my kitchen knives sharpened. I tried to do it myself and completely fucked it up (fortunately, no blood was spilled in the process). So, I got a repair place to do it for $19 (note to Lola...they charge by the inch, so you know you're getting your money's worth, heh.).

Fun weekend coming up. Going to a retirement party for a really fun dude on Saturday, and get to play dress up for a YMCA fund raiser on Sunday. It's a very fancy progressive dinner hosted by several hotels that want to out do each other. I'll be seriously stuffed and buzzed by the time that's over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooooooh. 19 inches? hmmmm.... what to do with all that? ;)

hope the game was awesome, and that your brother enjoyed it immensely.

Chat Wrecker said...

HAHAHAH...that was 19 DOLLARS.