Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Snarky Olympics

One of the great things about NBC showing so much Olympic coverage is that I almost never have to watch gymnastics. However, I do have a couple of suggestions when they show it:

When they show stats on the gymnasts, especially from the U.S., they should also show how many times the participant's parents had to refinance the house so their pixie could by just the right outfit, just the right coach and travel to just the right competitions. Want a great female Olympic story, here it is.

I saw some trampoline (!) competition whizz by. What's next? 3-legged race? Egg toss? That the Olympics would keep that and give baseball and softball the boot is beyond me.

Obviously, their looks have no impact on their ability to do their jobs, but it appears that NBC is hiring its female talent from the Ford agency. I dunno...maybe the female readers have a different opinion. But, ladies (and gay/bi men), stud alert--men's kayaking.

I'm looking forward to more track and field finals tonight.

The field hockey is fun to watch, if for no other reason that the players have weapons, but no helmets. Lacrosse is going to have to lose the headgear if they want back in.

The international players are back in awe of the U.S. men's basketball team. They are just KILLING people. I don't see any more games being closer than 25 points.

No comments: