Thursday, August 14, 2008

Bachelor Plus

This morning my wife caught a 7 am flight to Boston through Sunday. At 8:10 am, the bus will pick up the HB for camp where he is staying overnight until I pick him up at 4:15 on Friday. So, it's 28 hours of a quiet house. I'm very psyched.

On a more serious note, Russia has found a good excuse to show its ass in Georgia. OK, Georgia pretty much started it by trying to put down the pro-Russian separatists in South Ossetia. So, Russia decides to, well, put down their ex-separatists. Their incursion is clearly a message to all of the ex-Soviet republics (or those who want to be) that Chechnya was an aberration and they better watch themselves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, no comment on chechnya. just watch this film, and you'll want to sniper-hit any woman wearing a hijab near a grammar school. HORRIBLE. i couldn't stop crying for days when it happened, and this documentary might've made it worse:

http://www.sho.com/site/threedaysinseptember/home.do

fucking bastards. speaking of, don't you love Mr. "Do What I Say, And Not What I Do" Bush's 'warning' to Russia to "choose Georgia or choose us"? what the shit? fucker!!!!!

dude, my PMS is so hot, I'm sure South Ossetia is feeling me.

Chat Wrecker said...

The war in Chechnya has atrocities on both sides by both the Islamic and Russian fascists.

Russia has no interest in choosing us, so I don't know why Bush even bothered. They have oil, nukes, natural resources and business partners in the Middle East. They may not be our enemies, but they certainly are not our friends (see WWII).