Monday, August 11, 2008

Dear Olympic Advertisers

I've always thought that one of the DVR companies should use the advertising line, "Make TV your bitch." That's no truer than during the Olympics. I've put a lot of stuff on DVR and have seen more events than I thought that I would.

To the advertisers, I have NO idea who you are. Pespi or Coke? Chevy, Dodge, Range Rover? Tide or All? I have no fucking idea. I'm sure that you paid a ton of money for the spots just wanted to let you know that it's completely wasted on me and probably a lot of other people like me. If I'm one of your investors, I'm thinking twice about your decision to spend this money in 2010 in British Columbia or 2012 in London.

I wonder what would be the percentage reduction in price of the products that are advertised if they weren't.

No comments: