Sunday, August 3, 2008

Hm....Beer......

I busted our the new brown ale with my fellow home brewer today. It was delish (needs another couple of weeks in the bottle, but that's OK at this point). The beer has a nice hoppy finish since I dry hopped it. My brew buddy requested that we make something maltier next time. I'm good with that. If you know of any good recipes that bring out the malty flavor, please send them my way.

Tonight I made pasta salad for dinner. Weird in that it's usually a summer staple here, but it's the first time I've made it in a while. Nothing too fancy: Rigatoni, zucchini, onions, 3 types of olives, broccoli, and cheese. I made the vinaigrette from olive oil, balsamic vinegar, ginger, garlic and molasses. I think I know what I'm having for lunch tomorrow.

Oh, and in the "I told you so" department, the Angels ended up splitting their series with the Yankees (too many errors today). This put them at 7-3 for the trip. They're in first place by 11.5 games over Texas, maintained their best AL record of 2 games over Tampa and increased their lead by 2 additional games over Boston in NY. Not a bad trip at all.

In the marital bliss department, the new sectional couch came in and it is VERY comfy. Better yet, the wife saw things my way and we're not going to get new chairs...probably just get them reupholstered. Whew.

No comments: