Sunday, August 3, 2008

Cleaning Up is Hard To Do

Back in the day, I'd do heavy metal housework. I'd crank some Metallica, Slayer, etc and just scrub my place top to bottom. Today I have some Bad Religion going while I throw out a ton of shit in my office. What's bringing this on? Well, we got a new sectional sofa in the living room, so the old sofa landed in my office. Let the psychologist with a couch in his office jokes begin.

I used to have a smaller sofa in previous offices, but never in this one. I'm not convinced that it's too big. But, for it not to be too big I need to get rid of some stuff, including a full sized filing cabinet.

In this computer age, the filing cabinet has just about lost its usefulness, at least for a practice like mine. I'm going through this stuff and thinking, "Wow, we used to do that on paper!" Lots of tests, reports, statistical output, etc. It's all going to the shredder and/or recycling bin. Some of the shit is so old that I can't believe I kept it this long (btw--I'm not a pack rat). It will be nice to have the extra space. I'm sure I'll blog more as a break.

No comments: