Saturday, May 26, 2007

Lazy Saturday

A bunch as been going on since my last post.

My mom's youngest sister (the one who had the stroke) now has lung cancer. It's encapsulated and hasn't spread, which is the good news. But, she has so many other health problems it's hard to tell what they can do for her. Also, because of the brain damage from the stroke there's no telling whether she would able to follow through on any treatment regime (she's had a very hard time with the post-stroke physical therapy).

On the work front, I think I bagged a very big client. Nothing has been signed, so I'm trying not to count my chickens. It's amazing the mood changing affect work has on me and that can be troubling.

My relationship with Lynn is still in a not-so-good state. However, despite what happened last time, I have a couple of small projects for her. Since these are smaller scale I think they'll go better.

The HB has two more weeks of school, then we're off to Yosemite. Last night we had Indian Guides, which was fun. The mom's got together as well at a different house. Apparently some got pretty hammered and some were being pretty confessional. My wife thought this was pretty funny/weird since she is so NOT the confessional type. But, she said the wine was good and the house was nice, so a good time was had by all. The HB and I had a blast, though I was a bit hungover this morning.

Rotary stuff is going well. We're in the middle of our big fund raiser, a used book sale. When I joined the Club I kinda scoffed at it, until I saw how many books the club moves in 8 days (about 5,000!). I'm also very involved with my club hosting New Zealand exchange students for a weekend before they head to their year long destination country. I heard this morning from the New Zealand organizers that they would like to have my club host a student (we've wanted to do this for several years). Hopefully other folks in the club will be equally psyched The wife and the HB agreed with me that it would be cool to have the student stay with us for a few months.

The HB's back from the budding sociopath's house, so we're gonna go do something fun.

No comments: