Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day

I hope that all of you had a great Mother's Day. It was weird, but less complicating, to have my mom in Philly. This meant we only had to make one trip to my in-law's. Although, in the past we have done Mother's Day-Palooza where all the mom's come to one place. It actually works out pretty well.

The HB and my wife were up at the crack of dawn. This also made the breakfast-in-bed thing impossible. But, I did cut up some fresh strawberries for her Cheerios. I had hoped to sneak out and get her a Sunday New York times, but she was up way too early for that (the liquor store that carries it doesn't open until 9am).

When we redid our backyard last winter we saved a place by the fountain for a comfy chair/chaise. The HB and I got her one for an M-Day present. She says that she loves it and even tried it out. We'll see if it makes its way back to the store or not.

Lunch at my m-i-l's was mercifully short (and included margaritas), so the three of us spent most of the day together, which was nice. I grilled us a pretty damn good dinner (grilled chicken with roasted peppers and Monterrey jack cheese) and after the HB was in bed we had some wine by candlelight with a pretty good roll in the hay. A nice day all the way around.

No comments: