Saturday, May 26, 2007

Saturday 8

1. who's the oldest living member of your family?
My great uncle Jay, who I believe is 95.

2. who's the newest?
My cousin's twins who are about 6 mos.

3. if you could spend a two-week vacation with one family member, who would it be?
My Uncle Sam (and we get a week with him and his wife in June).

4. the old saying goes, "you can pick your friends, but you cannot pick your family." if you could choose one of your friends, who would you 'elect' to become a member of your family?
Joe, who was best man at my wedding.

5. who in your family can you just NOT stand?
My cousin Steve.

6. do you have a member of the family who is currently suffering an illness? (i'm going for physical illness here, but feel free to talk about the batshit-crazy ones, too)
Yes, my aunt (my mom's youngest sister) who had a stroke a few years ago (I've blogged about her) just found out that she has encapsulated cancer in her lung. No telling what they'll be able to do for her.

7. do you have a family member that you've lost contact with? who are they, and why do you not currently have contact?
Several, but mostly because my mom has such a large family that it's impossible to keep track of them all.

8. do you have any famous family members?
Not in the movie-star sense, but one of my mom's cousins was a big muckety-muck at the Harvard Business School. If you've taken business courses you've probably read one or more of his articles.

No comments: