Sunday, August 26, 2007

Weekend Stuff

Had a busy weekend, hence little posting. I can tell that you are disappointed.

On Friday night I went with my bro and and a buddy of mine and his new fiancée (awwwww) to the Angel game. The Halos won 3-0 on some fine pitching by Jared Weaver. It's always fun to go with my buddy since the tickets are free through his work and he's a regular at bar near the stadium so we drink for bar tips. Of course, that invariably means I have one too many (and don't eat enough), so I was feeling it on Saturday morning.

While the wife was good enough to volunteer to run errands etc. with the HB on Saturday, I was gone on Friday night and she was going out with a friend that night, so I figured we could all do shit together. We actually got a ton of crap done, including hanging the pictures back up in my office, getting birthday presents for my s-i-l for Sunday, cleaning windows, etc. Since the wife went out for dinner and music, the HB and I got make seafood in the house (shrimp nachos) and watch a game (Angels, again, but they got beat).

Sunday was a looooong day. I slept in a touch (though I think I had a dream about Lynn for about the third night in a row) and made breakfast for me and the HB (the wife was up at the crack of dawn and went into work for a bit). We then went to the Lone Star Steakhouse for my younger s-i-l's birthday. If there's a more boring, uninspired chain-restaurant, I don't know of it. So, we get the menus and order while my older s-i-l tells us what's good and what to order. Strange thing is that she's on some weird diet and is only eating a wedge of lettuce. Why is it the fattest person has all the diet advice? She's been on a million diets and NONE have them have worked. Why? Well, first off, NONE of them seem to involve exercise. Second, they're so bizarre that even if they were nutritionally sound (and they aren't), a person in our culture couldn't stick to it. And, I'm sorry. My grandfather was a baker, so I like good bread. But when someone tells you that the BEST part of a restaurant is their bread, the food must suck. This stuff was pretty bland and very run of the mill.

We make it through lunch and presents and decide to go bowling, which was a pretty inspired idea. The dieting s-i-l shows up with one of her grandmother's old bowling trophies which will go to the highest scorer...which is me, thank you very much. I'll treasure it forever. What's making this day go on, and on, and on is that the HB is talking constantly. Ugh.

We finally get home to relax a little bit. The HB is in a snit because he can't get the wifi on his Pokemon Gameboy to work and continues to yammer about it. He and I are about to head off to an Indian Guides pool party while my brother finishes up a platonic date. Since he's too cheap to rent a car, my wife volunteers to visit her birthday sister (again) and bring him back here.

The pool party was fun, but 2.5 hours of listening to 8-9 year olds scream and play in the pool is my limit. Even some time in the jacuzzi hasn't fully de-stressed my neck muscles. I think I'll have a drink and call it a night. I'll be up early since my bro will be up early to catch his cab to the airport.

2 comments:

lola h. said...

kudos on lasting 2.5h in the pool.

i'dve shot one of the little fuckers by then.

Chat Wrecker said...

No, my dear, I wasn't in the pool for 2.5 hours. The KIDS were. The dad's were drinking and talking football, soccer leagues, etc.