Thursday, August 2, 2007

The Big 5-0

No, not me. Rather, my best friend's parents celebrated their 50th anniversary tonite with a big shindig. Of course, my standard joke is, "50 years? To the same person? What a lack of imagination." On the way home, the wife and I were teasing the HB that we will be 80 at our 50th, so he'll have to do all the work planning our party. Then again, my parents 50th is in two years, so I gotta get on it (it's not as if my brother will do shit about it).

The party was fun. I've known them for just about my whole life, so I know many others in their family as well. They are a couple that have their health and have spent their retirement years very well. He's an MG collector, so they've been all over the world meeting other collectors and racing their cars. They had a video loop showing them throughout their lives and on their recent adventures.

The bad news about the whole thing was that we got back kind of late. I've been pretty horny all day but my wife told me that she had work to do after we got back. I'm thinking nuthin is going to happen. Oh well.

No comments: