Thursday, January 1, 2009

Rose Bowl

Beer's wet, the sun rises in the east and USC creamed another Big 10 team (Penn State) on New Year's Day. This was the 3rd year in a row in the Rose Bowl, and a couple of years before the streak started they hammered Iowa in the Orange Bowl. The final was 38-24 (giving some bettors a heart attack as PSU almost covered the spread in the last few minutes), but the game wasn't even that close. 'SC clobbered them. PSU tried to play the "no one respects us card," but they weren't respected in this game for good reason. These things go in cycles, but right now the best in the Pac-10 is just better than the best in the Big-10 (note that that Pac 10 won all 4 of their bowl games, the Big 10 has only won one with one remaining).

I watched the game (sorta) with my dad who is a Penn State grad. He excused himself pretty early on to go play solitaire on his computer or some such shit. I brought the NZS to my parents house so he could say goodbye to them, but it was pretty clear he didn't get much sleep last night and he snoozed through most of the game (he was rooting against USC). So, basically, I could have saved the gas and watched the game on a bigger, HDTV at home. Oh well.

In a big surprise, Lynn wrote on my facebook wall wishing USC well. Last week I got a holiday card from her and her bf. Weird.

Tomorrow will be a pseudo work day. I have one task to accomplish. Once I do that I'm going to return a back-up xmas gift I got for the NZS and use a giftcard to get Guitar Hero World Tour. That'll lead to a productive rest of the day;-)

No comments: