Friday, January 9, 2009

Phreezing in Philly

OK, it's not that cold here (probably in the 20s now, getting into the 30s). My flight was early arriving last night, which was good as I got to see most of the second half of the BCS game. Here's what we learned from the college bowl games:

1) The Big-12 was WAY over-rated and they can't play defense. When those high scoring offenses played against good defenses they were very pedestrian.
2) The Big 10 gets worse and worse. You know things are bad when your best bowl game is a moral victory (OSU only losing by 3). At least the one Big 10 win was against Spurrier (heh).
3) 'SC's loss to Oregon St. wasn't so bad afterall.
4) Does Mack Brown thing Texas would have tied Florida?
5) Utah got screwed

I spoke to the wife last night and connecte
d via Facebook with some of the NZS's friends. By all accounts yesterday's final goodbyes were heart-wrenching and full of tears. The HB kept things well in perspective: He was here and it was cool, and I'll see him again. The HB thought it was pretty cool that due to the length of the flight on the time change the NZS won't have a Friday. He plans on sending him an e-mail today to remind him.

I'll be hea
ding off to the funeral in about an hour. I'm getting the sense that since my uncle chose his final path there isn't the same sadness as when his wife (my aunt by blood) died 18 months ago. Of course, that might all change once the proceedings start.

Turns out that I was in error booking my return flight as it's right in the mi
ddle of the Eagles game. I told my cousin's husband that I'd change my flight to a bit earlier so he won't have to miss the 1st quarter taking me to the airport.

No comments: