Thursday, January 29, 2009

City with Cold Broad Shoulders

Sorry for the posting delay. It's been a crazy week getting the NZS II setup at school, work and traveling. Bad Chat Wrecker!

Chicago's fine. Not too cold and the hotel is surprisingly quiet considering how close it is to Midway airport. I'm doing some work for the waste water treatment agency. In the irony department, they have a sign over the toilet reminding people to flush.

Tonight I'm getting together with a friend of mine from grad school for drinks and dinner. He pulled some minor strings to re-arrange a business trip for when I'm here. He lives about 2.5 hours away, so I'm glad he's making it up here. He grew up in the Chicago 'burbs and he always finds cool places for us to go when we meet up here. Funny, we almost never get together in a city where either of us currently lives.

Tomorrow's a short meeting day, but I'm not sure I'll be able to catch an earlier non-stop back home. It's OK. I've got plenty of work to do and with the HB having Friday afternoon play rehearsal getting home early doesn't buy me any extra family time (the NZS II has a soccer game that I won't be able to catch regardless of my flight schedule). Glad I have those extra Southwest drink coupouns.

No comments: