Thursday, November 13, 2008

Now We're Cookin'

I swear, it was practically raining money on me today. Four, count 'em 4, projects large and small came through today. Amazing. It means I get to go to Chicago (in the middle of winter, yech) and maybe Kalamazoo (where I guess it's pretty much winter from Labor Day until Memorial Day). So, we'll see.

As I've probably mentioned before, I love cooking. It's a good break in my day and I've always believed that to eat well you need to cook well. This is not to suggest that I'm some sort of FABULOUS cook, but we have more than a 4 meal rotation list and nobody's starving here.

So, I get a bug up my ass to make soup. So, I buy stuff to make vegetable stock (about 90 minutes of prep and cooking) and other ingredients for Pasta e Fagioli (another 45 min). Over two hours later I have some pretty damn good soup. Two hours better than opening up a can. You bet your ass. Fortunately, I don't always have that much time to kill.

Tonight, burritos with guacamole. Maybe some Mexican rice and frijoles negro as well. Wonder if we have any sweet-and-sour for margaritas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay on the work!

yay for the guac!