Sunday, November 23, 2008

Got Me Some Mangy Pussy

When my wife and the HB were leaving the house this morning to spend a good chunk of Sunday with my mil, they came across a very sad looking black cat in front of our house. It was totally exhausted (could barely keep its head up), had matted fur and ridden with mange. So, I called to find a shelter that was open on Sundays and went and got our rarely used dog carrier. About 30 minutes later (it was tired, but its flight reaction was still operational), we were able to corral the cat into the carrier and off to the shelter.

That was all well and good, but it put me and the NZS about an hour behind in heading to my brewing buddy's house. More on that in a bit. However, the big news was that it gave me the opportunity to take the NZS to Tommy's for the first time. He's had In-and-Out burgers, but, IMHO Tommy burgers are far superior. The NZS now agrees.

So, we grabbed some burgers and chili fries and headed to my brewing buddy's house. I like dark hoppy beers (stouts and porters), he tends to like lighter ones. Since we were at his house, I picked up stuff for a red bitter ale. I'll letchya know how it comes out, in about 2 months.

One cool thing about heading to his house is that he has the DirectTV Sunday ticket for the NFL games. He primarily has it because he and his wife are big Packer fans (she grew up in Oconomowoc, WI). Since the Pack isn't playing until tomorrow night, he wasn't married to any one game in particular. So, we dialed into the Sunday Ticket RedZone channel. Essentially, on this channel they switch to games where a team is about to score. As such, you get to see lots of improtant action and NO COMMERCIALS! It's the first time that I've really wanted to have Sunday Ticket. But, since it's a crapshoot as to whether I'm even home on Sundays, I'll still probably pass. Even with DVR, I still wouldn't get to see most of it.

Should be a good work week. Finally got some client data on Friday that I've been waiting for and I launched another survey in Asia about an hour ago. The HB has school tomorrow and and half-day on Tuesday.

The NZS is off all week, but his football team crushed during their first round playoff game on Friday night, meaning they have another one this Friday, so he'll have practice and physical therapy all week. He called me right after their playoff game and they were very psyched, espcially considering the nearly 3 hour bus ride they had to get there. He really enjoys the comaradarie of being on a team so this was a big thrill for him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Oconomowoc! *sigh* I miss that time of my life.