Friday, November 28, 2008

Day After T-Day

I hope that you had a great day with family and friends yesterday. Things here went well.

The whole bird came out better than expected. I'd still do a couple of things differently if I make another one next year (e.g., more seasonings under the skin). All the sides came out great also, especially my mom's cranberry chutney.

No big surprises during the day. My m-i-l told the same stories that no one cares about, though for some reason my parents kept egging her on, thinking they were being polite. Had plenty, but not too much, to drink and also managed to watch a little bit of football, even though all of the games sucked.

Speaking of football, I apparently go to worried too early about Chris Johnson, as one of my key guys, Brian Westbrook of Philly, had an even better game. And one of my opponent's receivers, Anquan Boldin, didn't do so hot. No players in the other game that affects my playoff chances played yesterday.

Today's kind of laid back. The HB slept at the nephew's and my wife left this morning to get a pedicure with her sisters and s-i-l. The NZS is still sleeping and doesn't have football practice for another couple of hours. They have a playoff game tonight at home. He says his knee feels well enough to dress and play. Sitting on the sidelines has been KILLING him, so I hope he can see some action tonight.

I'll have a little bit of work to do as my overseas clients are all working today. But, nothing too serious. I'm guessing that the nephew might sleep over here tonight, which would be a-OK with me.

No comments: