Saturday, October 18, 2008

RIP

I went to the memorial service today for a guy in my Rotary Club. He'd been a member for about 12 years, but there isn't anyone more committed to the youth in our community than him. The large church was jam packed, as I figured that it would be. There were many eulogies, including two wonderful ones by his eldest daughter and a life long friend.

For obvious reasons, when I go, I wouldn't want a big memorial like that. Hopefully, I'll have enough money to my name so that my next of kin can buy all my friends a drink (or three) in my memory.

I guess there's always someone who introduces a food to a community. Sure, it's probably not the person who invented it, but someone has to take credit. Ever wanted to know who brought nachos to the attention of LA? That would be Carmen Rocha (maybe) who died earlier in the week. So, get some chips, jalapenos and queso, OK?

No comments: