Monday, October 6, 2008

Monday Morning

I really mean to post yesterday, but after getting very little sleep while camping (typical), I took a big ol' nap yesterday afternoon and then went to my parents' for dinner (yum....brisket!).

Camping was a blast. The HB had a good time with the other boys and we did some hiking and bike riding. I went mountain biking with a couple of the other dads. The weather was cooler than expected, but one afternoon when we went to the beach we saw some dolphins. We also heard coyotes at night, so it was quite the Mutual of Omaha weekend.

Last week we encouraged the HB to buy the computer game Spore. Installing it was a bitch because the computer he uses doesn't have a DVD reader. So, I had to upload some files and put others on a flash drive just to get it loaded. Then it informed me that the video card was woefully inadequate. So, after getting back yesterday we went to Fry's and got a new video card and now it works fine. He seems to dig it and should be fun for him. It'll allow him to merge the creative and scientific parts of his mind. Keeping him from playing it 24/7 will be a bit more of a challeng.

So, remember last week when congress told us we had to bailout Wall St. to save the economy? I guess the message didn't get through as the stock market is tanking, again. See ya $700,000,000,000.

The Angels showed some backbone last night to beat the Red Sox in 12 innings. I like their chances tonight with Lackey on the mound. Sure, Lester worked his way out of some jams on Wednesday, but I'm thinking that the Halos will make him pay tonight. I hope.

No comments: