Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Back from Vegas, Baby

I got back from Vegas last night. All I had was dial-up in my room (the high speed was, like most everything else there, ridiculously priced), so blogging would have been tough.

The reason for my visit was to present at a conference. I had a less than desirable spot (3-4:30pm), but still had a packed room. I'm thinking all of these folks got their asses handed to them at the tables (hm...sorta like I did). The talk went well. Lots of good questions and I had a lot of energy. I doubt that I got any clients out of it, but who knows.

I really enjoy the people who go to this conference, so a bunch of us got together for a great dinner at Chinois (where we kept an eye on the Rays beating the Sox...heh) on Sunday night and some gambling on Sunday. After the meeting Monday morning, most of my buds headed out of town. So, I pretty much went solo. I played some cards with some fun folks from the midwest and hung out in a dive bar to watch Monday Night Football. The bartender was smokin' hot and guys were crawling over each other to hit on her...very funny stuff. My presentation was on Tuesday and I left town immediately after as I was able to get on an earlier flight.

The NZS wants to see Vegas before he leaves in January. I can see the interest, but there really won't be much for him and the HB to do there. But, it will be cool for him to see it, so we'll make the trip and then probably go see the Grand Canyon as well.

No comments: