Thursday, August 6, 2009

Working, Working, Working...

So, to continue from the last post, the wife woke up at about 11:15. She was perturbed that I didn't wake her up. I don't like waking ANYONE up...why else would they be sleeping. We went across the street to hear a local cover band. I think they were all engineers from Vandenburg Air Force base. They were fine. The obligatory drunk woman in the too short dress looking for servicemen was there. We went back to the room after a bit and watched a movie.

Sunday we got going a little on the early side so that we could meet up with a florist for my parents party and take care of a few of those details. My wife and her sibs still can't give up on their parents' house, so we hung out there for a bit. Thank fucking goodness it's going to close next week.

Work's been busy with proposals. I usually don't write them, but some are for an existing client, so I'm only competing with their budget, as opposed to another vendor. Another is for a company that I won a bid for last year, so I figure I can get some more work with them. The former ones are very vague so I spend a bunch of time getting them to say what they really want. I should here back on some other projects next week as well.

The one project that got going is stalled. That's because some of the folks at the client site dropped the ball while the sponsor was on vacation last week. We have a call about it tomorrow, so hopefully we'll get it back on track. I really would like to get some KC bbq sometime soon.

Of course, Murphy's Law of consulting is that all of this stuff is going to hit the weeks surrounding the party. Good thing I don't follow that law.

The HB's loving his troupe's next production and making great friendships. In fact, he's hanging with a couple of the kids (a boy and a girl his age) this afternoon. Great time for the wife and I to knock it out, right? Umb, no. She'd rather work late. I'm going to Happy Hour.

No comments: