Sunday, August 9, 2009

Kansas City, Here I Come

So, Friday's call went well. The project sponsor pretty much bitched out those who were late with their shit, even though they are higher on the totem pole than she is. This means we're back on schedule and I'm going to KC tomorrow--with better flight times than I had for the previous week!

Yesterday the HB and I hung out at the beach with some friends from out of town (the people who hosted us at their lake house last summer) and some other families. I guess the wife wasn't feeling too social, so she took a pass. It was a great day at the beach and the body surfing was pretty fun. We went to dinner, took the kids to an arcade, etc. I don't think that the HB and I got home until around midnight.

Today we're off to my parents for lunch and talk a few more details about their party. We'll also pick up some stuff they want to have on the greeting tables (framed invitation from the wedding, etc.). We're getting to the short strokes on this, which is very good.

Tonight, my Rotary Club is hosting a progressive dinner to support the Y. The good thing about it is rather than going from house to house, we're hitting 4 of the local hotels. Each year they try to out-do each other in food and drink, so it's a very good time. I'm not sure that all the money it raises (~$10,000) should go to the Y, but at least it's going towards a good cause.

No comments: