Thursday, August 13, 2009

Back Home, NZS2 and Mike Vick

The KC trip was a success. The flight in was quite the adventure (an e-ticket ride, for those of you old enough to remember). After having a 90-second meeting with the new VP, I went to my hotel to chill, get in some exercise and a bite to eat. Fortunately, there's a local place within walking distance with local fare and beers on tap.

My meeting the next day was in the afternoon, so I got a reasonable amount of sleep and had some time to get some other work done, including getting this client's data in order. I gotta tell you, there are lots of things I enjoy doing in my work, but there are few that I enjoy more than digging into a data set. It's funny because I'm pretty average at math. But statistics? That's another story. I can visualize the relationships between numbers well and I love discovering their secrets. I wish I had more projects that let me do that.

The afternoon went well and the trip home was uneventful. Even got home in time to put the HB to bed.

The NZS2 came over for dinner tonight. He's settling in well with the second host family. They're empty nesters with a pretty busy life. I think he misses the regular home life of dinner most night's etc. The HB was pretty happy to see him as well. I'm sure we'll have him over again soon.

I saw today that the Eagles signed Mike Vick. I figured someone would relatively soon. I didn't spend too much time thinking about which team would/wouldn't sign him, so I wasn't affected much when I heard it was the Eagles. The only thing that was a bit surprising is that that the Eagle fans are not exactly the most forgiving. Of course, they stick up for their own, at least for a little while. I think what it really says is that they aren't happy with their QB of the future (Kolb) who they drafted a couple of years ago. Whether Vick will wait around for McNabb to retire is a completely different story.

There are those who don't think Vick should have signed with anyone. As I wrote a while ago, the man did the crime and the time. Let him work at what he does best.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing...................


Use this keyword for getting more knowledge about Hallmöble | Barnrum | Säng | Soffbord | Matbord | Sängar furniture.click on this hypertext.