Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Trippin' Around to LA

I'm not a crackberry/iphone kinda guy, but I do love finding an internet cafe with the free wifi. I have some time now between getting some important data and picking up the HB from school. BTW--if my sentence structure is weak and my tenses shift it's because I'm being distracted by this smokin' blonde who sat at an outside table right in my line of site.

Earlier today I had lunch at a great sushi place in Calabasas. OK, I don't eat that much sushi, so I guess I wouldn't know great from good, but the woman I ate with, who is a regular eater of such, raved about it as well. She's one of those clients who is also a great friend. We're not working on any projects now, and may never again (she's changed roles in her organization). I have seen her in ages as she moved from Tucson to Cleveland then back here to LA. It was great to just sit down with her for a while and bullshit.

She's coming off of a break-up and having her girl plumbing taken out, but, as always was in remarkably good spirits. She lived in LA several years ago and is happy to be back. She says that it only took her 41 years to realize that she's a California Girl. Her MS seems to be getting a bit worse, but she has a new totally tripped out van with a mini ramp (think drawbridge) that allows her to get around pretty easily. I'm hoping that I'll now have the chance to introduce her to the wife and HB.

Traffic on the way back was amazingly good, so instead of spending additional time in the car, I'll just park it here for the next 45 min. And get the myself and the HB a cookie.

No comments: